Wednesday 12 November 2014

Special card for Mum



This is an 8X8  card I recently made for my Mum's birthday. She is a fellow card maker and of course very hard to make a card for as all crafters are !
I created the background by stamping with a Heartfelt Creations stamp Classic Leaf and Vintage Sepia Versafine leaving an area blank so I could insert the Anna Marie Designs background stamp. The sentiments are also Anna Marie Designs Special Her..The edges of the card were slightly distressed with Gathered Twigs
I then inked a piece of cream card with Distress Inks using an Inkylicious  Ink Duster .Inks used were Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and  touch of  Crushed Olive. I then stamped on the card once it was dry with Inkylicious Skeleton Leaves stamps and the Heartfelt Creations leaves stamp and Black Versafine Ink. I cut these out and arranged around the frame adding some cream  sisal (which you can see in close up) and  moss  both from The Dried Flower Factory Shop in Congleton.The finishing touch was some Cinnamon Stickles and Chocolate Liquid Pearls.
I loved making this card and was pleased with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Stella, I love all the leaves and the colour combo you have used. I hope you are all well

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most talented card designer and maker..... this is clever and beautiful as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and leaving your comment.